Interested in becoming a volunteer with New York Blood Center? Then you have come to the right place! We have diverse volunteer opportunities that fit any schedule. Check out the requirements below:
- Volunteer candidates must be at least 16 years old.
- Company policy does not allow for court mandated community service volunteers.
- Volunteers cannot perform technical or clinical duties such as drawing, testing or processing blood.
- All volunteer candidates must attend a volunteer orientation/training class.
- All volunteer candidates must successfully pass a pre-paid background screening.
- All volunteer candidates must be able to complete the tasks outlined in their volunteer assignment.
- Volunteers must be able to provide their own transportation to and from their assignments.
Volunteers must have a positive attitude, be reliable and have a desire to provide excellent customer service to donors, staff and fellow volunteers.