Donor ID Cards
After your first donation, or upon request, donors receive their official NYBC Donor ID Card. You may use this card as an acceptable form of identification when you donate blood, platelets, or plasma. Donor cards are color-coded:
- Red - for those who have donated less than 1 gallon
- White - for 1-4 gallon donors
- Gold - for 5-9 gallon donors
- Black - for 10 or more gallon donors
- Donor cards also detail your blood type and CMV status. Platelet donors receive a distinctive Platelet Donor Card.